Hey all! I am finally back in Carrboro. Got back in NC officially on Saturday the 17th after a nice visit with Port Authority at JFK. We left Sierra Leone on the 9th, and the next day in London was spent going "paved roads - what? No trash in the streets...huh? Running water...bizarre..." and noticing other such oddities as well. My week in England was spent drinking pints of local ales, eating fish and chips, visiting the Globe theater, and going to see Stonehenge. For all of you who have not heard, there have been many theories that Stonehenge was built by aliens and that it may lie, along with the Great Pyramid in Giza, on an ancient extraterrestrial "power grid" of sorts. Even the audio guide at Stonehenge acknowledged the aforementioned alien construction theory. I'm still catching up on sleep and enjoying simple pleasures like tap water, but will provide more updates up soon. I think of our friends in Sierra Leone often, especially when I wore my chief suit to my uncle's birthday party tonight. Hope everyone is well, and thanks for reading!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Out of Africa, Stonhenge, Port Authority, and other stuff
Hey all! I am finally back in Carrboro. Got back in NC officially on Saturday the 17th after a nice visit with Port Authority at JFK. We left Sierra Leone on the 9th, and the next day in London was spent going "paved roads - what? No trash in the streets...huh? Running water...bizarre..." and noticing other such oddities as well. My week in England was spent drinking pints of local ales, eating fish and chips, visiting the Globe theater, and going to see Stonehenge. For all of you who have not heard, there have been many theories that Stonehenge was built by aliens and that it may lie, along with the Great Pyramid in Giza, on an ancient extraterrestrial "power grid" of sorts. Even the audio guide at Stonehenge acknowledged the aforementioned alien construction theory. I'm still catching up on sleep and enjoying simple pleasures like tap water, but will provide more updates up soon. I think of our friends in Sierra Leone often, especially when I wore my chief suit to my uncle's birthday party tonight. Hope everyone is well, and thanks for reading!
Labels:
Aliens,
Beer,
Cheese,
Conspiracy Theories,
England,
Sierra Leone,
UFO's,
X-Files
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment